Thursday, January 17, 2008

let me introduce you to my family...

i'm sondra, sondra mae, soni, or sondré. i've been married to my first husband justin (jay), for 8 years. we have no kids of which we are aware. we have a black lab named tanner that i adore and justin tolerates. to learn more about me i recommend you take a detour over to http://myspace.com/sondragerman because i'm not going to retype all that crap here too.

i am the oldest of two kids. my brother's name is will (formerly willie, wilbur, william) and he's married to sarah (sometimes called sari). they currently have two cats (tessa and maggie) and no kids. they live in tyler tx*. i should tell yall that i love my brother more than words can say, and i absolutely adore sarah. i am convinced she is my soulmate and don't know how i ever lived my life without her. i thank my brother every chance i get for bringing her into my life. of course, i still love my brother too...

my mom and step-dad live in cedarburg wi and will be referred to as mom d and dad d from this point forward. i will note that dad d raised me from age itty bitty to age 13. dad d and dad n both walked me down the aisle on my wedding day. i was uncomfortably distant from my mother up until a few months ago, when she made an attempt to contact me. i am aware of how hard that was for her and know she deserves my acknowledgement. she's working very hard to be the person she wants to be, a person she can be happy with. i have an older step-brother from this union, named tommy (recently moved to arkansas).

my dad and step-mom live in tyler tx* and will be referred to as mom n and dad n from this point forward. mom n and dad n raised me from 13 and on. somehow i turned out normal... right? from this union, i have one older step-brother, troy (that i feel i never know enough about), and one older step-sister, tammy (that i just love). troy lives in queensbury ny, is married to janet, and has three kids: stacia, anna, ethan (side note here: ethan has severe food and skin allergies. please use www.goodsearch.com as your search engine. type in "kids with food allergies" in the "who do you goodsearch for?" box and goodsearch will donate one cent for every search you do from their page to that charity.). tammy lives in tyler tx*, is married to jeff, and has three kids: carly, lauren, noah.

my husband's family is a little less complex (haha!) justin is the middle child.

his younger brother, aaron, is married to danelle. they have two kids: kaden, addison (addy). they live two blocks away from us.

his older brother, brian, is married to betsy (betzabe) from mexico city (which is important because she's teaching me spanish, though the lessons are temporarily on hold). they have three kids: dylan, ethan, kaira. they live in south houston, about 15 minutes away from us.

his mom, debbie, lives in pearland, about 10 minutes away. as i've run out of letters to put after "mom" (and for the sake of simiplicity), we'll call her by name. debbie is not married, lives by herself, and is quite independent. she loves the grandbabies and is always first to volunteer when any of the kids (not us!) need a sitter.

his dad and step-mom will be referred to as mom g and dad g. they live in ben wheeler tx (near tyler). we don't get to see them as much as we'd like, for various reasons. but it's always a treat when we do. we love staying with them as it always feels like we're "home".

* all of these poor souls are neighbors! there are two adjacent pieces of property with two houses on each (mom n and dad n own one piece of property; tammy and jeff own the other piece of property). mom n and dad n in one house, sarah and will in another, tammy and jeff (and kids) in another. the fourth house (as you'll note that i only listed three families, but four houses) is being rented to a family friend named jenny (and her significant other, kevin). these four houses comprise what my family lovingly calls "the compound".

3 comments:

WittyAnn said...

I have to say that there is a big family! *grins

sondra german said...

tell me about it... and the extended part (like you!) isn't even included... yet! ;)

WittyAnn said...

Wow! Can't wait, that will be cool...I think anyways.