Tuesday, December 22, 2009

it's a girl...

but most of you already know that.

yes, we were going to wait until christmas. my appointment was scheduled for 12/23. and then i started going crazy. what if the baby doesn't cooperate? what if the doctor's office cancels? am i putting to much emphasis and pressure on finding out the gender? i decided that i was, and that i wanted to know now. so early last week i called and rescheduled for friday. we told everyone right away. and i'm glad we did. it wasn't the grand discovery i was planning, but that worked out for the best... the moment was there and over before we knew it!


so the tech checks out all the organs... look, measure, look, measure... and then she tells us it looks like a girl. i'm all "really?" she does some more measurements... tells us she appears to weigh about 10 oz. and then i ask her to check the gender again... i was so sure it was a boy! lol she says, "uh, still looks like a girl." and so there ya have it folks.


i think she's laughing at me in the photo above. besides really thinking it was a boy, i had to wrap my mind around actually having a girl! it scares me. because girls have vaginas. i wonder if we could sew that junk closed in utero... and when she's born, be all "gee honey, you were born that way, let's not mess with God's plan." will that level of blasphemy get me a stint in hell? if so, is it worth that piece of mind? i say yes.

anyway, i'm kind of over that feeling... but, for the sake of honesty, those were my initial thoughts. fear. but shouldn't i have the same fears about a boy? about raising a gentleman and teaching him about responsibility? welcome to my mind.

onward...
when we found out we were pregnant we went to target and i picked up a brown sock monkey for the baby. so when we found out we're having a girl, we went to babiesrus to pick something out to commemorate. we ended up with this cute little washable birthday hat (i hate pink, but it's the only color they had). and please stop counting my chins... show a little respect for the knocked-up, would ya?


something our little girl can wear every year (if she wants to) for her birthday. we can tell her it's what we got the day we found out we were having a girl... or we can tell our son it's what we got the day we THOUGHT we were having a girl...

i thought i had so much more to post, but i'm drawing a blank...

.

8 comments:

jody said...

Oh honey- I felt the same way with Lexie. I was so sure it was a boy & when we found out it was a girl Scott wouldn't discuss it for days. LOL! You will have the most beautiful baby girl ever & all will be ok- not easy (cause it's a girl) but ok. Just kidding. I love you bunches!!

Coco said...

Ok! I am going to stick up for women everywhere! We have to stop this kind of thinking!!

Christa Hagler said...

Yay! Congrats! So excited for you. I used to feel the same way about pink but having a girl has caused me to learn to love it. Maybe you will find the same to be true for you??? Marry Christmas Sondra.

Christa Hagler said...

Oops, I meant Merry Christmas.

Heather said...

So when should I ship ALL my girl stuff? If you want hand me downs I got a TONE!!And thanks for the smile :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hater Von G said...

A girl! Congratulations. You know, I knew I was having a boy, and the spread eagle photo shoot confirmed it.

Have you thought of names?

Lindsey said...

A GIRL!?!?!?! OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry- maybe I should give you some words of encouragement, but from somebody who has one of each....well...I wish you were having a boy. Lol. They're all different though. My sister had a girl first and she was an angel. Maybe it's all about the order you have them in...who knows? It's a crapshoot.
I had SO much panic about having a girl, though. I still do 4 1/2 years later. I imagine I will always be in a bit of a panic about her. Mainly because I see a miniature me in the making. Good luck.
OH- and you better learn to love pink cause you usually have to shop in more expensive stores to find much else. I always wanted Hazel to be dressed in blue, but I gave up after about a year.
We'll have a lot to talk about. I'm excited! ;)

ChicChickory said...

Oh YAY! Just came by to see what the gender was. A GIRL!!! That's wonderful!! I'm so excited for you, and jealous! haha :) My sister found out over Christmas that she is having another boy, and although I love my nephews, I was really hoping for a niece this time. I need someone to pass on my keen fashion sense and shoes too. ;) Can't wait to see pics of the little princess, and I'm with you on the pink. I was never a pink kind of girl either.