Monday, December 7, 2009

an update...

where to start?

um, baby stuff... i had a prenatal appointment last monday. i thought the appointment was on tuesday. thank goodness it wasn't one where i have to undress because i totally did not shave my legs! thought i could do it that night. ::sigh:: nuchal translucency results were in... all is well... lower than standard risk of down syndrome and that other trisomy (13? 18?). they drew blood to test for spina bifida and a few days later i got the result... negative. so all is well! just need to grow me a baby! they advised me that they have the swine flu vaccine, but they only have enough to vaccinate women delivering thru febuary. i'm due in may. as i'm considered a higher risk (asthma), and a few women have declined the vaccination, she's going to try to get me in sooner for the vaccine. i'll be calling this week to schedule an appointment.

me... i turned 31 last thursday. happy birthday to me. i went to austin to visit beth and cass. cass drove down from arlington. we didn't do anything spectacular but i had a fabulous time. but i admittedly missed my husband more than i ever remember missing him. it snowed for about 20 minutes on friday while i was in austin. it snowed the whole freaking day in houston! of course.

i can't think of anything else at the moment...

.

2 comments:

ChicChickory said...

Glad to hear that you and baby are doing excellently. Happy Belated Birthday, Momma! Ugh! My 38th is next week. :P

Coco said...

YOU WERE IN AUSTIN???