Tuesday, April 20, 2010

36 weeks (100th post!)...

that's right... it's my 100th blog post! so let's cover a few things here...


justin has JUST confirmed that our baby girl's name will be...

drumroll, please...

Jillian Nicolai German

...Nicolai is my maiden name, for the two of you that may not have known that. ;)


and then there's the 36 week picture. i figured it was time to start taking pics every 2 weeks now instead of every 4 weeks...



and, in case yall missed it on facebook, the update from my dr's appt this past monday...

cervix is soft, 1 cm dilated. baby's head is at -1 station. dr scheduled me for an ultrasound on monday before my next appt. i'll keep yall posted.


and THEN there's the baby's room. it's pretty well done, except for the wooden letters of her name that will eventually hang above the shelves you see...








i'm a sucker for "hand-made" so let me tell you...

that beautiful quilt hanging over the back of the crib was made by my talented high school friend, rachel!

and that super cute monkey sitting on the dresser, holding a light globe was made by my father! it's a touch lamp with a low-watt, 3-way bulb for those late night diaper changes!

.

4 comments:

Tam.I.am said...

Sondra, I am envious of your nursery. I didn't have a nursery/room for Kadence - I didn't even have a crib for her. She had to sleep in the same bed as me because we were staying with my foster family until I could get on my own two feet. But I am so glad you have such a wonderful room to bring your little daughter home to. :)

PS. I am also envious of how good you've been about showing pictures of yourself and the baby. I think I have one or two pics of myself while being preggers. Good job! :)

Lindsey said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!! You are so cute and I am loving all the monkey stuff. Super impressed by the diaper changing lamp. That's a nice daddy....wait- your dad made it right? I'm so not going to read the post again to make sure.
Can't wait to see pics of little Jillian.

Hater Von G said...

Ahh! The nursery is SO cute!!! And look at you girl! You're almost there! :)

Heather said...

Love the nursery!!! very cute & clean. wow its soo clean =) u want to come visit and clean....just kidding. Love the name, monkeys, everything. Can't wait to see pics Jillian